Thursday, November 16, 2017

Al Franken: I Don't Like Homosexuals

Hollywood comedian turned Minnesota Democratic Senator Al Franken paints himself as a progressive. But he has a homophobic past.

Richard S. Lee interviewed Franken for The Harvard Crmison [April 16, 1976], and reported:

[Franken] recalled writing a skit called "Seamen on Broadway" that was rejected from the Hasty Pudding show "by some preppie so they could take some other preppie's skit." Franken started to smile again, but his tone was serious, too serious. "It's not preppies, cause I'm a preppie myself. I just don't like homosexuals. If you ask me, they're all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia."

The smile became so broad it pushed his eyes shut. He couldn't stand it any longer. "Put that in, put that in," Franken laughed, leaning over the desk. "I'd love to see that in The Crimson."

Read the entire interview.

===============
 

No comments: